For over 20 years the monthly publication The Homeschool Herald has seemed nearly synonymous with FHEA membership. On average, 200 families a year looked forward to reading about various activities, opportunities and student accomplishments. Because this resource is no longer available (and its production is no longer an expense) the FHEA board has reduced its membership fees to $15 for the 2019-20 school year.
As an association, we use these funds to daily provide support to the homeschool family and a cohesive sense of community through this website, our monthly support group meetings, and liability insurance which enables us to host our main events which bookend the school year:
- The Annual Fall Kickoff (in September) which seeks to connect homeschool families with tangible resources and workshops as well as the warm community of fellow home educators.
- Our high school homeschool banquet in April.
- Our local graduation ceremony in May.
- The Annual Book/Curriculum Sale in June.
Additionally, the FHEA enables homeschool students to participate in the Scripps Spelling Bee and National Geographic Bee since these organizations permit us to register homeschool students under our umbrella association. Our local homeschool students have consistently placed first in the county spelling bee and several have placed in the top three at the state competition. At least three have made it all the way to Nationals in this prestigious competition! Our local geography bee champions also consistently qualify for the state level competition.
Finally, during state legislative years, we donate a small stipend to Montana Coalition of Home Educators (MCHE) to help volunteer lobbyist Steve White as he faithfully keeps us informed of potential legislature affecting our homeschool privileges and responsibilities.
As you can see, you receive a lot of value for this small membership fee! If you would like to become a member of FHEA, or renew your current membership, please download the form below and pay by using the PayPal button or by sending your registration form and check to F.H.E.A. P.O. Box 7661, Kalispell, MT, 59904.
Additional perks of membership:
- You will receive a membership card in the mail which may allow you to obtain “teacher” discounts at local businesses like: JoAnn Fabrics, Target, Stapes, Hobby Lobby and more.
- You will be able to have a line-listing of your business on our web-site.
If you have questions, or are having trouble with any feature described on this website, please use the contact form — http://fheaonline.org/contact-us/.