June 2, 2018 –
Come to Cornerstone Church across from the Blue Cow on Hwy 93, June 2ND, 8-2, for the Annual Home School Book Sale!
Set up a table Saturday or bring your books Friday to sold inside.
The book sale is a great place to sell books and get some good deals on curriculum for the next year. If you have books you wish to sell, please contact Michele (info below) for table space. There is limited indoor space, and it will be given on a first come, first served basis. We want some people to set up outside if weather is permitting as it draws people in to the sale. Plan on bringing a canopy or tent if you are worried about the weather.
You can sell garage sale items as well. Please bring your own table and chairs, and price your items to sell.
Table spaces are $5 each or a whole parking spot for $10 each. Vehicles won't be able to be in the sale area.
If you have a box of curriculum to sell and you are not around to sell the books yourself, Michele can sell them for you inside. Please note the following instructions:
- These books need to be marked with price and initials (first initial plus three first letters of your last name. Mine will be "MBrad")
- Have a sheet of notebook paper with your name and address included in the box. You do not have to list each book on the sheet of paper.
- If you do not want these books to be given away at the end of the sale, you will need to be packing up your books and removing them from the sale at 2 pm..
- The books need to be dropped off at Cornerstone Community Church no later than 2 pm Friday, June 1st, so they can be sorted into categories and set out.
- 10% will be taken off of what you sell; if you sell nothing, there is no charge. The 10% is used for book sale expenses (Mountain Trader ad mostly) and the rest goes to the home school association. All workers are volunteers, and do not get any of the sale proceeds.
These rules are pretty simple, but there are no exceptions to them. If your items are not marked or there is no sheet with your books, there is no way to know to whom they belong, and you may not be able to get your money. Also, if you have more than 1-2 boxes of books, please try to get a table yourself if at all possible! Any books left after 2 or so will be considered donated.
We have had a spot for giveaway books, but that has been problematic with the items strewn and people leaving what they do not sell for others to figure out how to dispose of those items. I am sure that there will be giveaway books, but consider having your free items as a drawing card to your own table and please don't leave our volunteers with the problem of disposing of what you don't sell.
The book sale can be a great way to make some money and have a fun day selling books while visiting with other homeschooler families. Outside spots are numerous and you do not need to let me know if you need an outside spot. If we are too many, we will be limited to one spot per family, but that hasn't been necessary so far.
If you would like to reserve a table inside, email Michele at firstname.lastname@example.org or call, text or message 270-9318.